Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hey. The eyes are up here, buddy.

I get it now. I know why people have such a hard time relating to each other now. It's such a simple thing, I don't know why I didn't see it before. Wanna know what the problem is? One word; Butts. Yep! That's it! We are constantly concerning ourselves with everybody's butt. Now hear me out on this! I'm not talking about any lustful kind of nonsense. I'm talking about what other people are doing to their butts. We are always worried about someone getting off their lazy one, lying it off, dragging it, or any other kind of activities. We are so busy worrying about them we aren't even sure what to call them! Is it a butt? A can? A booty? Is it that other word that used to be applied to a particular beast of burden but is now almost completely reserved to describe the top of someone's legs?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the problem in understanding each other lies not in the activity level of other people's butts. It's what is in the heart. And not even really what is in their heart. It's more about what is in ours. We have a targeting problem, plain and simple. Aim for the heart and the effort will count for something.

Somewhere along the line we stopped caring about what we are supposed to be doing and started caring about what we think other people should be. Think about that next time you get upset about what someone is or is not doing. Try to remember that when you start to concern yourself with those things, what you're really doing is checkin' out their butt. (Metaphorically speaking.) Stop it. And if you catch me doing it, do me a favor. Tell me, "Kevin, quit being a butt-head or I'll kick the top of your legs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment